Nailing the perfect cookie batch takes experience and a whole lot of trial and error. It is a grueling task requiring you to persevere through each time the cookies come out differently than expected. Well, not anymore. Thanks to food-loving experts at places like Tasty, we have found the best cookie recipe for you. Just follow this and you’re set.
How to make the best chocochip cookie?
To truly bake the most awesome batch of chocolate cookies, you must know what you want in regard to taste and consistency. Do you like your cookie on the crumbly side or do you love the gooey goodness within?. Is salty sweet your thing or plain sugar high?. Once you have these elements taken care of you can proceed to make the very best cookie batch ever.
The ultimate tried and tested chocolate cookie recipe
This is a recipe I’ve tried at home and truly enjoyed!. What’s amazing about this recipe is the way it shows you different renditions of chocolate cookies. Turns out, it all boils down to the type of sugar your choose to use. In case you’d like your cookies on the gooey goodness side, try using a mix of dark brown sugar with refined white sugar. Basically the molasses in the brown sugar is what promotes the gooey softness. in case you like your cookie crubly, use refined white sugar.
Bread Flour: 1 cup(125 gms)
All-purpose flour: 3/4th Cup (95 gms)
Table Salt: 1.5 teaspoons
Baking Soda: 1 teaspoon
Unsalted butter : 1 cup or 2 sticks (225 gms) , you can use salted butter in case you like a good amount of salt in your cookies.
Water : 2 tablespoons at room temperature
Dark brown sugar : 1 cup,(220 gms)
White Sugar: 1/2 cup (100 gms)
Vanilla Extract : 2 teaspoons
Espresso Powder : 1 teaspoon
Egg : 1 large
Egg yolk : 1
Semi sweet choco chips: 1 cup (85 gms)
Dark Chocolate (chopped): 130 gms or 5 oz
Before you grab your baking gear, check out Tasty’s video on choosing ingredients for the best choco chip cookie.
How to bake it
1. Sift flours, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Bring it to boil, evenly browning it. Do this till the butter stops foaming.
3. Once the butter turns nutty brown, remove from heat and pour into a liquid measuring cup. After it cools down, add water till it fills the cup.
4. Set aside the butter to cool to room temperature. once it cools, take a large bowl, add sugars, vanilla extract, espresso powder, and melted brown butter. mix it with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes.
5. Now add egg and yolk and mix till well incorporated.
6. Now start adding dry ingredients, a 1/3rd cup at a time. After this, use a wooden spoon to mix in the chocolate chunks and chips.
7. Scoop the dough onto a cookie baking sheet in 3-tablespoon sized balls. It’s best if you cover and refrigerate this for an hour.
8. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit of (180-degree Celsius)
9. Bake for 12-14 minutes in the preheated oven.
10. Let the cookies cool for 3 minutes before placing them on a cooling rack.
11. Dig in 🙂
Featured image courtesy: nutritionbyamy.ca
Recipe from Tasty(personally recommended after trying it out)