Whether you are building a body or trying to lose weight, dietary restrictions limit your options for food. Ah! Don’t you miss that huge stack of pancakes drizzled with maple syrup? If you had not pledged for weight loss, you would find yourself at IHOP right now, won’t you? But you know all that cornflour and sugar do not really make your case of weight loss strong. This does not mean you cannot have pancakes.
All you need is a healthy version of pancakes to gorge on which does exist. Egg white oatmeal pancakes are here for your rescue. It is kind of a breakfast that will get you leaner also keep your taste buds satisfied. Egg whites are a rich source of protein and are not fattening like the yolk at all. Everybody knows how rich in fiber oats are. These pancakes have no sugar. So, you don’t have to worry about all those unhealthy carbs.
Eggwhite Oatmeal Pancake Recipe
Not only oatmeal and eggwhite pancakes are healthy and nourishing but also easy to cook. It only takes a few minutes to flip these healthy bodybuilder pancakes. Here is an easy egg white oatmeal recipe that you can manage to make in a few minutes with minimal ingredients.
- 2-3 eggs for egg whites
- ½ cup rolled oats
- A pinch of cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Olive oil or avocado oil
- Toppings of your liking
How to make:
- Carefully break eggs and separate egg whites from yolks. You could use the bottle trick to get those fattening yolks out.
- If you are using rolled oats, you may need to soak them in egg whites for 15 minutes. Otherwise, Quaker oats are also fine.
- Add cinnamon and baking powder in the quantities mentioned above.
- Blend everything together until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat a skillet pan and spray oil on it.
- Pour the batter on the pan
- Flip your pancake when you see bubbles appearing and edges begin to firm. Cook the other side until it is golden brown.
Voila! Make more pancakes to build a healthy stack. Put sliced bananas or fruit of your choice as toppings. Greek yogurt is another delicious and healthy option for toppings. You could also use savory meaty options as toppings. Enjoy!
Featured Image: thewholesomefork.com