Being a mommy is not an easy job. It is stressful and time-consuming. You will hardly have any time left with your after you take care of baby. This should not mean you ignore your fitness ritual. These best exercises for new moms can work wonders on their physical and mental wellbeing.
Exercise not only keep you sane but also helps you get back into shape faster. Also, looking after a baby is an arduous task and you will need all the energy and flexibility that you can have.
Here is a problem though that many new moms face – not able to go out to spin class or gym. Well, who says you have to?
With these safe exercises for new moms, women can practice fitness regimen right at home and even include their babies too (in case you want more mother-baby time). These fit in exercises for new moms will not take more than 20 minutes of your day. If you are going to be a mom soon, then there are some safe pregnancy exercises you can do to keep you and your baby healthy. However, before you begin, you should start with light exercises and consult your doctor first.
Best Exercises For New Moms
Here are some of the best exercises for new moms to take a little time out of their routine and continue with their fitness regime. These exercises won’t even take half an hour of your day.
If you are looking for safe exercises as a new mom, then you can start with floor bridges. It is actually very easy to do and targets your butt and hamstrings. Do 1-3 sets of 10-30 reps each.
- Lie on your back on floor. Bend your knees and keep arms by your side.
- Squeeze your butt and lift it off the floor while pressing your heels into the ground.
- Hold the position for three seconds and slowly return to the floor.
To target your pelvic muscles, Kegels is the best fit in exercise as a new mom. You can just do it sitting in your chair or bench.
- Start with sitting on a bench with your feet shoulder-width apart and put your hands on your hips. Contract your pelvic muscles and stand.
- Hold the position for three minutes and sit back.
You can also try another position wherein you lie on your back, bend your legs, and keep your feet shoulder-width apart. Then, slowly stretch your one leg straight followed by the other and regain the former position.
Squatting is easy and engage your hips and abs. Your baby is anyway going to make you squat more than ever. So, why not turn it into safe exercise for a new mom?
- Keep your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bend your elbows to clasp your hands to the chest and duck down
- Make sure back is straight and your heels are not lifted from ground when squatting.
One of the nest exercises for new moms, crunch beat helps you work on abs and legs. Here is how to do it:
- Lie on your, lift your legs and bend your knees to 90 degrees. Your calves should be parallel to the floor.
- Put your hands behind your head and crunch up.
- Now, extend your arms overhead and your legs diagonally in the air while crossing ankles.
- Switch over feet over 8 times.
If you want to lose the belly fat,then plank is the best exercise for you. You can feel the abs tightening while doing a plank. This is one of the best exercises for new moms to get their core back into prime. It is suggested you start with 30 seconds and then gradually increase the time in your routine. All you have to do is get into a plank position for 30 seconds and repeat this for 4-5 times.
Apart from doing exercises, there are other ways for new moms to get back in shape soon after their delivery and shed all the pregnancy weight.