Ever seen in the movies how con artists and use nifty tricks to make the best of any social situation? Well, it’s no mumbo-jumbo. They use simple psychological hacks to get what they want and you can do it too.
Use these mind hacks at your work or social gathering to be more confident and make an everlasting impression on people around you.
Psychological Hacks To Become More Confident
1. When going for an interview or a meeting, if you are nervous, think that you are old acquaintances. Visualize your meeting, the handshake, eye contact, the smooth conversation. Altering your psychological state puts you in control.
2. People will say ‘No’ to you if you ask them to do a task that seems difficult. That being said, if you ask them to do something simpler first, they will most likely grant you a favor.
3. When you want to take someone out on a date, take them to an adventure park or for a horror film. Activities as such will pump their adrenaline giving them a false attribution of how they love spending time with you.
4. Stay calm when people are angry at you. Your calmness will make them angrier and ashamed about it later.
5. You attract the kind of vibes you give out. If you always keep a smiling face and get excited to see people, they will react the same way to you.
6. Can’t remember something? Clench your fists. Science says that it boosts your brain activity to help you remember things.
7. If you want to gain someone’s trust, ask them to do a favor to you. Asking for help shows that you respect them which will automatically help you win their trust.
8. Do you want to lose weight? Eat slowly. Studies have shown that it can take your stomach 20 minutes to communicate to your brain that you’re full. Eating slowly means you’re less likely to overeat.
9. Ever heard of ‘fake it till you make it’? Well, this mantra applies on happiness too. When you force yourself to smile, you will automatically feel happier. The bigger the smile, the happier you are.
10. Feeling anxious? Blast up your speakers. Researchers have found that loud or fast-paced music can help you curb anxiety rather than listening to quiet music.
11. Pay attention to people’s feet when talking. If they only have their torso and not feet pointed at you, it means they are not interested in having a conversation with you. Similarly, if you want to be seen interested, point your toes towards the person talking to you.
12. Do you always snooze your alarm and end up getting late? Well, here’s an unusual trick for you. As soon as your alarm rings, immediately sit up, pump your fists, and yell ‘Yeah’.
13. Shaking with warm hands makes you the most desirable person in the room. So, if you have an event coming up, the only kind of warm-up you need is warming your hands before the big meet.
14. Use your less dominant hand more often in situations to make yourself more adaptable. It makes you more open-minded.
Featured Image: chartered.college