You may have worked hard and finally got that summer body. You may be continually hitting the gym and sweating it out for a better you. Given all this hard work, as forceful and dedicated as you may be, it’s very common to fall prey to old patterns in moments of weakness.
One step towards these habits and there you are, swirling down the never ending whirlpool of struggle. This is not to scare you, this is just a hint at what the majority is going through right now.
It takes 7 days to make a habit and everyday practice to make it second nature. It’s not easy to spot old patterns as they are so ingrained in you. And relapsing usually happens when you feel defeated, it’s when you least expect it.
Take heart though. Yes it’s hard, but it’s part of the process and the good news is that there’s a way to overcome it.
A lifetime’s collection of bad habits definitely is daunting to confront. Years to decades of practising harmful choices may have now made it difficult to leave.
As destructive habits build overtime and gradually, so must the remedying process. A little it every day will take you far in your journey of staying healthy. Daily practice can ensure you break your old habits and stay out of them forever.
Based on information reviewed by health care specialists at UCSF medical centre, here are proven and efficient tips for remaining healthy.
Part 1: Keeping well emotionally
According to Constitution of the World Health Organization , Chron.-1947, health is defined as a state of physical, mental and social wellbeing. The relation between emotional and physical sickness are plenty. One such example is grief, which brings about binge eating and in turn obesity.
To maintain emotional wellbeing, do these simple things everyday:
- Take a stroll in nature every day or as often as you can.
- Practice breathing techniques like Pranayama. It increases oxytocin levels, the happiness hormone.
- Socialize and engage in honest conversations. It keeps you happy.
Part 2: Keeping Physical Health
1) A 10 minute walk a day keeps sadness and anxiety away.
2) Eat freshly made meals, cut down on canned foods. Fresh food will lead to a fresh you.
3) Maintaining a balanced workout regime i.e; equal amounts of cardio, strength training and stretching, is the best way to quick and permanent fitness.
4) Track your water consumption. Having an app that measures your water consumption daily is ideal for today’s busy life.
5) Sleep and wake up early. Maintaining this keeps you energetic and young for long.
And, that’s it! Everything you need to do to stay healthy is as simple as this.
All power is within you; you can do anything and everything -Swami Vivekananda
It is never too late to start working on solidifying your health. Daily effort in maintaining yourself will take far in your goal of wellbeing. Simple everyday habits are all that you need in your journey. Lastly and most importantly, tell yourself that, it’s worth it! It’s worth taking care of yourself.
Featured image courtesy: Organic Healthy Tips