The world is full of bizarre and amazing things which makes us want to travel across and explore what is out there. Traveling teaches you more about life than textbooks which is why traveling is good for you. Have you ever been curious about the world out there, about the cultures across borders? If not, then these fun travel facts will not only arouse curiosity in you but also tempt you to travel. Time to expand your knowledge about this mysterious world.
Fun Travel Facts
1. There is a fountain of free wine in a small town in Italy
2. You won’t believe this fun travel fact but parts of the Great Wall of China are made with sticky rice.
3. Every penny thrown in Rome’s Trevi Fountain is collected and donated to numerous charities. All for a good cause!
4. Every minute, 64,6400 selfies are being clicked around the world.
5. One of the benefits of traveling is that it reduces stress down by 80%.
6. The city of Monaco is smaller than the Central Park in New York.
7. Canada has 60% of all the lakes in the world.
8. Las Vegas in Nevada has the most number of hotel rooms in the world.
9. If you season your food with salt in Egypt, you are offending the locals.
10. Over 30 million of Chinese live inside the cave.
11. Finland has the most number of islands on the earth, close to 180,000.
12. France has more time zones than any other country in the world.
13. One third of the world’s airports are located in the USA.
14. Talking about jet lag, it is worse if you travel from west to east.
15. The happiest part of your trip is the planning and preparation, not the journey
16. Frequent flying causes you to gain weight. You should consider switching to train journey.
17. The flag at the top of Jagannath Temple in Puri, India always fly in the direction opposite to the wind.
18. The world’s most visited city Bangkok’s full name is in fact – Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit
Also Read: The Best Travel Apps Of 2019
19. The sun does not set for almost six months in a few parts of Norway.
20. The Great Barrier Reef is the only living structure to be seen from space. Too bad it is dying.
21. Shwedagon Pagoda in Myanmar features an umbrella with 5,448 diamonds and 2,317 rubies with a stunning 72-carat diamond like a cherry on top.
Featured Image: Pexels.com