Life is unfair, but even if is, does it make any difference? Does it take us any closer to what we want? We often get overwhelmed when negativity takes over us, and then we see all odds going against us. However, it’s only us who can truly remind ourselves that no matter what happens, if we want to win, we must stand up and fight for it. Who knows how close we are?
So, this article is dedicated to people who never backed down and fought for what they wanted. Take a look at this compilation of pictures showing courageous people who are an inspiration to us. Share your take in the comment section!
1. “I’ve been self-conscious due to scars and weight gain from medical issues, but yesterday I felt happy and confident again. I’ve lost 25 pounds and am beginning to learn to walk again in 1 month! Whatever it is on your plate, you’ve got this! One day and one decision at a time.”
2. “From 130.4 to 59.2kg, I never imagined how my effort and determination made me this far.”
3. “UPDATE: On my way to ENG 101, my first college class since I failed out and gave up on my degree 15 years ago.”
4. “I used to be overweight, then I was poor and lost 35 pounds because I couldn’t afford a good life. Things started working out lately, and then I started working out too. Today was the first day after one month of daily 1hr workout when someone noticed it and told me. I’ve never been this proud.”
5. “After living 9 months in my car, I finally have a home to call my own.”
6. “Overcame a tough summer & leaving a toxic job! Thanks to my passion & faith in my art.”
7. “Born at 25 weeks, they told us she might not survive, and if she did, she could be disabled. Almost died from Necrotising Enterocolitis (NEC) at 5 weeks old. Yesterday was her first day of school! She is tiny but fierce!”
8. “After being a stay-at-home dad for 6 years, I’m 35 and started college alongside my son who just started kindergarten. We got this!
9. “5-year old leukemia patient, all grown up, received her white coat today as a medical student at UVA. No words to describe my feelings about this miracle, but the picture is worth a thousand words.”
10. “After 6 years of being bullied. I finally passed primary school, and I’m moving on with my life without the people that tried to ruin me. I feel happy like never before. High school, here I come!