Tattoos are not for everyone. Clearly, only those who can handle the pain will get inked. Some such people also regret it after a while, knowing they did something at that moment that doesn’t hold true later. But sometimes, for some people, it isn’t just about looking cool. For such people, it means a lot more! It tells a story, shares a moment, or emotes the purest of love, respect, or feelings.
The following people share their tattoo designs and narrate the beauty and story behind this art that they will hold on to forever!
1. “A recreation of my grandpa’s 50 year old tattoo.”
2. “Got this tattoo in memory of my best friend growing up. He was an amazing pup/extra parent. And I still miss him every day.”
3. “Just got my very first tattoo today! 4 birds in memory of my 4 babies. (3 miscarriages and a stillborn)”
4. A family picture for ever
5. 3 butterflies that cover an appendix removal surgery that left some scars
6. “Tea is very important at my Grandma’s house and everyone has an assigned teacup with a particular pattern. Mine is ‘Brigadoon’ Scottish Thistle. I’ve had tea from that cup my entire life, every time I visited my grandma. Today I got the pattern tattooed as a band on my arm.”
7. “My father passed away almost 2 months ago. Today is his birthday and he always wanted us to have matching tattoos.”
8. “A tattoo for my sister and I. Us against the universe.”
9. “Single needle silhouette tattoo of my grandpa who passed away in July of this year.”
10. “My mother always had beautiful handwriting and wrote this at the end of every single card and letter. She passed in October.”
11. “Decided to get my first tattoo on my 23rd! A lot of people don’t even know I have hearing issues until I tell them, so this is just a helpful reminder.”
12. “Tattooed some new brows on a client with alopecia!” (a condition in which hair is lost from some or all areas of the body)
Pretty inspiring, and beyond just an attempt of looking cool, aren’t they?