How we see pictures today is a little different from how the previous generations saw them. Unlike many millennials who believe in keeping their followers and Facebook friends updated by posting pictures regularly, our previous generations saw photos as memories, the best way to capture an important event.
Also, don’t forget how the technology advancements have changed how images looked, how people saved them and how people saw them in different eras.
You must be wondering where are we going with this? Well, we will walk you down the memory lane of different people who had the pictures of their family members from previous generations. However, with time these pictures lost color or we can say faded with time. But then photoshop came in the ‘picture’ and we are going to share the magic that happened.
Check these 15 best-retouched pictures and you might thank us for learning the possibilities of what all can happen to any such gems that you have.
1. “I colored a photo of my late grandmother when she was young as a gift for my grandpa”
2.“Elderly neighbor lady’s long-deceased mom, circa 1930. A surprise restoration (removing the cracks) would bring a needed smile for her.”
3. “My grandparents celebrate their 60 year anniversary next month and I would love to gift them a colorized version of this photo.”
4. “Hi, I wanted to cheer up my grandma by colorizing this pic.”
5. “This picture of grandma deserved to be colorized for sure!”
6. “The only photo we have of my mom as a child in Lefkada, Greece”
7. “This is the only picture left of my grandparents and I wanted to frame it as a memory.”
8. “If someone is able to colorize this photo of my granddad we found, it would be greatly appreciated! The running Vicar.”
9. “My late grandfather sitting in a red Ferrari. We’ve lost the original color photo and only have these black and white photocopies.”
10. “My great-grandmother and her child”
11. “My grandparents and uncle in the mid-1950s”
12. “We came across this old photo of my grandmother and her first husband.”
13. “Hoping to surprise my dad on his birthday!”
14. “My great-grandfather at 17 in 1944, colored by me”
15. “My wife’s grandparents both passed away recently and I wanted to frame this colorized pic for her birthday.”