Compassion, pity, empathy- they don’t come easy to all. Scientifically, the pace of our heartbeat drops when we feel bad for something/someone. Humans are exceptionally expressive. So, feeling some pity or compassion isn’t all that difficult. In fact, not just humans, but even animals are very expressive about how they’re feeling, and we cannot help not smile or feel the “aww.”
These pictures are an example of just that. From dogs who let out a scare on finding out who’s driving the car to them reacting to us leaving them alone by themselves, these twenty pictures cover it all.
1. “Went to the aviary with my girlfriend, this little guy was 500% done with interference.”
2. “Went to a wedding this weekend. The best man lost the rings.”
3. “My boss bought 50 chairs in an online auction. It wasn’t until we went to pick them up that we realized it was at an elementary school.”
4. “Went to the zoo yesterday. Found this guy just sitting like this, making fart noises at everyone that walked by.”
5. “My dog’s reaction to realizing my girlfriend is driving us on our road trip.”
6. “Asked my 2-year-old niece to smile for a photo.”
7. “My son asked his uncle to write ‘Batman’ for him… this is why he isn’t allowed to watch my kids.”
8. “They play tug of war and he lets her win even though he’s strong enough to win if he wants.”
9. “My friends asked me to babysit their Corgi puppies. I left them for 3 hours with some food and came back to this.
10. “Being 6’3” was pretty tough in Japan.”