It is believed that breakfast is the most important meal of the day as it gives you fullness which leads to daily calorie intake, improves your energy levels, and much more. Therefore, consuming a healthy breakfast holds importance. This blog is all about suggesting you the perfect breakfast and clearly oatmeal is one of the highly recommended breakfasts. This complex carbohydrate oatmeal is a great source of nutrition with several other health benefits.
Additionally, as per the American Society for Clinical Nutrition, 97% of the nutrients found in oatmeal are incredibly healthy as its nutrient composition is well-balanced. It’s rich in carbs, fiber, beta-glucan, and contains more protein and healthy fat than any available grains.
Courtesy: The Spruce Eats
The nutrition facts of half a cup of dry oats:
- 303 calories
- 13 grams of protein
- 51 grams of carbs
- 8 grams of fiber
- 5 grams of fat
- Manganese: 191% of the RDI (Reference Daily Intake)
- Phosphorus: 41% of the RDI
- Vitamin B1 (thiamin): 39% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 34% of the RDI
- Copper: 24% of the RDI
- Zinc: 20% of the RDI
- Iron: 20% of the RDI
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid): 10% of the RDI
- Folate: 11% of the RDI
How healthy is it to have oatmeal every day?
- Oatmeal has soluble fiber in abundance, which promotes sugar to be released into the bloodstream impacting insulin levels, glycemic control, and lipid profiles positively.
- Oatmeal offers a well-balanced nutritional composition of potassium, calcium, and fiber. It reduces high blood pressure and prevents coronary heart diseases.
- The oatmeal has a high protein content.
- This breakfast also helps digestion, treats gastrointestinal problems, and gives a feeling of fullness.
- Daily consumption of oatmeal improves metabolism. The presence of beta-glucan raises cholecystokinin levels, a hunger-fighting hormone that suppresses your appetite.
- Lastly, oatmeal also helps in lowering the risk of cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
Most variants of oatmeal offer similar benefits, however, try to go for the organic ones. Additionally, don’t forget to check the nutritional facts before you purchase your oats. You can simply enjoy it with yogurt, smoothies, or even milk. Enjoy and share it with your friends!