Here are the ten most desired jobs you can go for in 2023:
1. Data Scientist
Data science jobs will continue to dominate the district in 2023. Data science jobs will remain relevant through 2030. Now there is a catch. Data covers a variety of roles and positions.
Advantage: Aside from an enviable salary package, you are looking for a promising career.
Estimated Average Salary: $101,736 annually in the US
- Data analysis and modelling
- Mathematics and statistics
- Java/Python is an added advantage
- Data visualization and presentation skills Science.
2. Machine Learning Engineer
LinkedIn said that hiring machine learning engineers increased by 32 jobs between 2019 and 2020. Machine learning engineers are still in demand as more companies look to machine learning to protect their businesses from future disruptions. And this is how Machine Learning Engineer earned his #2 spot on his list of best jobs of 2023!
Advantage: Your career chart will grow exponentially, allowing you to solve real problems.
Estimated Average Salary: $124,059 annually in the US
- Statistics and probability
- Data modelling
- A programming language such as Python, C++
- Artificial intelligence algorithm
3. Nurse practitioner
Business Insider said nursing would be her most in-demand job in 2023. It is mainly because quality healthcare is one of the most highly valued professions of the future. The first step is to become a certified nurse. Then continue to hone your skills.
Advantage: Long-term career and the opportunity to work independently
Estimated Average Salary: $122,744 per year in the US
- Ability to communicate with patients
- Impeccable assessment and diagnosis
- Ability to educate patients
- Ability to carry out medical research
- Comprehensive knowledge of the latest medical practice.
4. Market researcher
The Marketing Analyst role is also derived from the Data Science job but is not a Core Stream profile for him, so it is listed separately here. Marketing analysts must analyze market segments or campaign datasets to generate actionable insights. As one of the top picks on the Best Jobs 2023 list, he requires both scientific knowledge and business acumen.
Advantage: Flexibility to work from anywhere and the opportunity to be creative
Estimated Average Salary: $76,470 annually in the US
- Advanced data analysis skills
- Ability to create attribution models
- Knowledge of experimental design
- Data reports in the form of dashboards or reports.
5. Network Security
Did you know that the global annual cost of cybercrime is estimated at $6 trillion annually, and cybercrime has increased by more than 600% since the pandemic? So if there was ever a time for him to take a job in network security, it is now. Network security professionals are expected to protect the internal data of organizations and their customers and partners.
The cost of a security breach is prohibitively high, making it a highly lucrative employment opportunity.
Advantage: The scope of network security roles will continue to expand, requiring job security and continuous learning.
Estimated Average Salary: $103,518 annually in the US
- Ability to prevent security breaches
- Have an ethical hacker mindset
- Required technical skills and certifications
- Perspectives to understand the big picture of data ethics
6. Project manager
About 89% of companies now have at least one project management office (PMO), and 50% have multiple project management offices. The project role combines many aspects, such as people management, technical troubleshooting, leadership, and planning. The need for project managers will only increase with new hybrid or work-from-anywhere models coming into play after the pandemic.
Advantage: Plenty of transferable skills and international travel opportunities
Estimated Average Salary: $81,121 per year in the US
- Time management
- Human Resource Management
- Leadership skills
- Good communication skills
- Good excel skills
7. Human Resources Role
Human resources have been integral to every organization since the late 1960s. Remote work, hybrid models, and the “gig economy” (increasing focus on outsourcing work as short-term contract gigs) are fundamentally changing HR professionals’ work nature. Their roles may have changed, but as employees adapt to new work models, their roles become more important.
Please read our guide to learn more about HR as a career path.
Advantage: Job security and the opportunity to make employment more equitable
Estimated Average Salary: $70,838 annually in the US
- Top-notch communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strategic and team-oriented
8. Blockchain Engineer
What is Blockchain Technology? According to research, the market size of blockchain technology is expected to grow at an annual growth rate (CAGR) of 85.9% from 2020 to 2030. No wonder blockchain is on his list of most in-demand jobs for 2023.
This technology has tremendous growth potential over the next decade, powering new-age cryptocurrencies and banking applications.
Advantage: The field is still in its infancy, meaning enormous growth potential exists as demand for blockchain resources outstrips supply.
Estimated Average Salary: $120,000 annually in the US
- Knowledge of blockchain architectures such as hybrid, consortium, public and private
- Familiarity with concepts such as smart contracts, cryptography, hash functions, and consensus
9. Digital Marketer
The average age of a marketing manager in the US is 38. Blockchain technology attracts young people with the potential to learn and grow. Before the pandemic, digital marketing was part of most companies marketing mix. Post-pandemic, almost all marketing has gone digital. This is because of its proven advantages over traditional marketing channels, such as accurate channel attribution and the option to course-correct mid-campaign.
To learn more about this career path, check out our guide on how digital marketing works.
Advantage: Different roles to choose from and the ability to work from anywhere
Estimated Average Salary: $60,267 annually in the US
- Data-driven decision making
- Ability to derive insights from data
- Comprehensive understanding of search engine optimization (SEO)
- Ability to bid on the right keywords, affiliates, and display slots
- Good budgeting skills
- Good communication skills
10. Finance manager
Both personal and institutional investors are becoming huge sectors soon. Therefore, careers in financial management are gaining importance. A financial manager is expected to manage a company’s investment portfolio and invest wisely and purposefully, thereby creating wealth for the company. This critical professional profile requires a rigorous and in-depth knowledge of finance.
Advantage: Good work-life balance and high demand in the job market
Estimated Average Salary: $103,064 annually in the US
- Good business sense
- Communication and presentation skills
- Ability to decipher numbers quickly
- Risk management ability