Pandemic has proven to be a very laborious time for all of us. The novel Coronavirus has turned our lives upside down. With the world witnessing its second/ third wave and death toll crossing millions and billions, it’s scary to even step out for essential services. Ordering in or doing things by yourself is the only solution left to avoid the contraction with the lethal virus. Undoubtedly, these unprecedented times are taking a toll on our mental health which in turn affects our physical health.
Here’s a list of a few skincare DIY recipes to keep you engaged and a little distracted from the depressing reality and of course these hacks would do wonders for your skin as well.
1) Lemon sugar face scrub
1) Lemon (Half)
2) 1 Tablespoon Sugar
3) Honey (Optional)
Just add a tablespoon of sugar to half a tablespoon of lemon juice and mix it. You can also add a little bit of honey to attain a nice consistency.
Apply it all over your face and leave it for 20-30 minutes. Wash it away with water along while scrubbing your skin gently.
2) Ubtan face mask- Indian skincare powder
- 2 tbsp. gram flour
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp sandalwood powder
- 1 tsp red lentils powder
- 2 tsp rose water or milk
- ½ tsp lemon juice
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Add milk or rose water to make a paste. Add rose water for oily skin and milk for dry skin type.
3) Homemade whipped body butter
- 3/4 cup cocoa butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- In a pan, melt butter and coconut oil until fully liquid. Set it in the freezer for about 20 minutes once step 1 is done. Once the mixture is solid again (ensure it isn’t too hard) whip it up for about 5 minutes or until you have created fluffy white clouds. Shift it to a clean jar. Works well until 3 months.
4) DIY Vanilla Orange Lip Balm
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated beeswax
- 2 teaspoons Shea butter
- 6-8 drops sweet orange essential oil
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
Add the oils, beeswax, and Shea butter to a double boiler, and let the ingredients melt over medium heat. Stir the ingredients to mix them. Once you take it off the heat, add the essential oil and vanilla extract and stir again. Transfer slowly into empty lip balm jars or tins.
Try them out and let us know the results in the comments section.
Featured Image Source: Essential Wholesale Resource Library