Furnitures are mostly a taxing investment. They’re expensive and usually aren’t the first things we change in our houses the moment we need a furniture change. It’s quite fretful to think about furniture. But with creativity and smart ideas, it’s easy to find cheaper fixes for furniture that make a fashionable piece. And some of these things are DIY, so you can try doing them yourself and change the look of your furniture altogether. These basic renovations will cost much lesser than bringing in new pieces of furniture. Some people, who realized much earlier that renovations are expensive and taxing, so they took on these DIY furniture tasks of finding ways to get cheaper but fashionable furniture.
They’ve been generous enough to share their finished products, and you might want to recreate some of their creations.
1. “Upcycled my old sloping roof cupboards last weekend.”
2. “$10 at the thrift shop for this Broyhill student desk and chair for my kid. A little paint and new knobs, both of which I had on hand, and wow!”
3. “$20 dresser. All it needed was some paint and new knobs.”
4. “Kids’ kitchen I made out of an entertainment unit I found on the street”
5. “No one in the family wanted this cabinet, so it was going to be donated. I couldn’t let that happen (it was my grandparents’ wedding present) but it didn’t fit in with my house very well. Some $2 contact paper on the doors changed that.”
6. “Just finished my first upcycling project! Removed the doors and changed the knobs”
7. “Found this chair for $3 at a thrift store, peeled off the orange vinyl. Added some paint, new fabric, cushions, and casters.”
8. “Bought a TV stand for $25. I’m not a fan of used stuff, but I just moved out from my parents and I needed some furniture for my tiny apartment.”
9. All this person did was change the wall color, and now it looks like a whole new sophisticated kitchen.
10. “Upcycled some Ikea drawers to fit in with my bedroom decor.”
11. “2 vintage chair backs I turned into wall hangings for my sisters”
12. A dining table and chairs set changed into a new piece of furniture altogether.